Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Regarding template1 database

On 04/22/2013 07:48 PM, S H wrote:
I would like some assistance in understanding of template1 database.
- I want to know the tables of tempate1

There are none, unless you choose to add some.

- I want to know when there is any insertion/updation in template1
theoretically.

You could if you create a table.

- If i want to monitor the transactions done in the template1 database (
insertion/updation ) , is there any way to track the same.

You would need to write something like a trigger function or turn up the logging and parse the logs.

Might want to review the template database docs to see how templates are intended to be used, generally not as an 'active' database:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/manage-ag-templatedbs.html

~SH

--
Adrian Klaver