Search Postgresql Archives

Re: New Zealand Postgis DBA job vacancy

On 12/26/2012 11:45 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:

I have a close friend who is working on embedded software for a green
house controller.  He would love to use PostgreSQL, but they started
using SQLite and pg does not appear to be suitable for embedded systems.

We used a controller system that came from across the border in White Rock, BC. As a thought problem I contemplated what it would take to replicate it in Open Source software. Came to the same conclusion. I could see Postgres on a computer somewhere tying together multiple controllers/sites. For the controllers themselves Sqlite or something even more light weight would be in order. Hardware constraints are less of an issue than before. It is more an issue of setup/integration and the realization that Postgres would really be overkill for the task at hand.

Cheers,
Gavin

--
Adrian Klaver