Search Postgresql Archives

Re: New Zealand Postgis DBA job vacancy

On 27/12/12 07:39, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 12/26/2012 10:30 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:
Please do not top post!

In New Zealand we generally use petrol, or diesel, measured in litres -
though there are some cars powered by natural gas.  I think the USA is
one of the few places not using the metric system.

Actually we do, we just pretend we don't:)

Cheers,
Gavin

Actually, I learnt the metric system mostly from an American textbook on Physics at high school in year 12 (then called 6th form for us).

In New Zealand, we spend a lot more time putting down Australians than Americans - but if anyone was to try and invade Australia, then the half of New Zealanders not already living in Australia would rush to defend it.

Cheers,
Gavin