Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Using Postgresql as application server

Chris Travers wrote:
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Darren Duncan <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe we basically have all the foundation already, with maybe
procedures executable outside transactions being the last major part.

Why is this desirable?  Why is it more desirable than actually using
the listen/notify infrastructure that exists already?

Maybe listen/notify is sufficient by itself. I withdraw my "procedures executable outside transactions" comment for now, and just bring it up later if I can think of a specific use case that other mechanisms don't satisfy. -- Darren Duncan