Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Dell Poweredge server and Postgres

On 06/07/2010 12:13 PM, Vick Khera wrote:

Ditto.  Of late I'm buying HPs, but I haven't yet put one into
database service.  Our DB servers are all currently Sun with fibre
channel cards to external RAID systems.

What kind of external RAID systems do you connect your Sun servers to? I've talked to Oracle/Sun and haven't been able to get a solution even similar to the 4540 systems. I'm hoping to find something that will allow a couple disk controllers to a subsystem. Even one would be an improvement. That way if I have to I can setup a ZFS pool in whatever RAID config I want across multiple controllers and disks. I'm figuring a 2TB database will choke if I only have one controller handling more than a dozen or so disks.

Dell's solution doesn't sound right to me. We've looked at HP. They are more expensive with similar hardware to what Dell is offering.