Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [SOLVED] WINDOWS : PostgreSQL 8.4 Server Start Error

On 08/06/10 09:40, Zery wrote:
> Thank you all,
>
> It works now using Craig "Winsock" solution.
>
> Before that i use Ken "client_min_messages" solution, but it doesn't solve it.
>
> I'll check back if this permanent fixed or just temporary.

Yikes. I strongly recommend contacting PowerDVD technical support and
reporting what happened, then. Include the .reg files from your winsock
registry trees after searching them to make sure they don't include any
passwords.

To say that PowerDVD has no business messing with the winsock parts of
the registry is a bit of an understatement :S

( Do be sure, though, that *all* you installed is PowerDVD and Pg. If
some registry "cleaner" or "optimizer" was run as well, then you pretty
much just got the expected result, ie a broken system. )

--
Craig Ringer