Re: cant conect to dynamic host-URL

Dirk Becker wrote:
Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) wrote:
Connects fine from my box. How about firewalls? We had a weird case at work a while back where a router somewhere along the line was blocking all connections until it was ping'd - then after it received a ping, it'd keep the connection open for 20 minutes or so, then start blocking again. Turned out to be faulty!

One thing I would check is the domain name lookup. Make sure your DNS servers are properly configured and respond timely (within 2 seconds.) from your client for a minute and see if any time out and/or fail.

Andy.

Thanks, but the error only apears while using php / pg_connect()
With pgsql i can connect through the dynamic url without problems :/
Could it be that pg_connect cant connect through real URLs ?

You mean urls coming through mod_rewrite or something?

If it works in general then it's not a php/pgsql issue but a code issue.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/