Re: cant conect to dynamic host-URL

Dirk......

Hi there, ive got a dynamic URL like myname.dyndns.org which links to my
server
where my postgres database runs. The Problem is that the Connection
fails with error:
"Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: unknown
host name: adocom.dyndns.org"

Now, if i ping my dynamic address and use the resulting IP for the
Connection all works fine.

Are you running php on one machine and postgresql on a different machine?

If so, maybe the dynamic address redirection service doesn't handle port 5432.   Web servers typically use port 80.

I don't know where my i did something wrong, i use an Java-Applet which
connects also with the dynamic Address and works fine too.   :(

Does it connect with postgresql, or something else on the machine using a different port?

I think you can use telnet (or ssh?) to manually connect to any port number of a host and see how (and if) the machine responds and get a better idea of what's going on.

brew

--

Strange Brew (brew@xxxxxxxxxxx)

Check out my Stock Option website http://www.callpix.com