To: "Eric Mauvière" <e.mauviere@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <pgsql-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] binary cursor returning truncated data

for that confirmation

I reported the bug to the PHP team, and they issued a patch.

I would also suggest to postgres developpers to simplify their code and go back to SQL standards :) That BINARY CURSOR thing should be avoided. With MySQL for instance, a cursor will read the same way any type of data, binary or text.

I think you're rather confused. The BINARY CURSOR is for emitted binary data, not reading it. If you declare a normal cursor over a binary (bytea) field, you will get its text representation quite happily.

Chris