Re: pg_query undefined?

on 7/12/03 7:15 PM, Cornelia Boenigk at poppcorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> If you run phpinfo() you can see the PHP version.
>
> pg_query() is supported since PHP 4.2.0
>
> If your PHP is older than this use pg_exec() instead.

Aha - that would be it! Thank you! I just checked phpinfo and it says it's
4.1.2.

I can do a global find and replace to turn all instances of pg_query into
pg_exec in the ez_sql script I downloaded, but now I wonder if there will be
other functions that have changed between versions as well. Guess the only
way to find out is to try.

*sigh* Yet another reason to loathe and despise the web host I'm stuck with
here. I could ask them to upgrade their PHP installation, but given that
they never answered my request to upgrade PostgreSQL a month ago (they're
still running 7.2), or my *four* requests (well, the same request sent four
times) for a working cgi-bin directory, or about 75% of any other tech
support requests I've sent them, I'm not holding out too much hope for this
one.

Can anyone recommend a *good* web host that supports PHP and PostgreSQL? One
that's affordable enough for a small non-profit art gallery?

Thanks,

Lynna
--
Resource Centre Database Coordinator