Re: Big Performance drop of Exceptions in UDFs between V11.2 and 13.4

On 8/30/21 10:18 PM, ldh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>    >  I see on https://www.postgresql.org/download/ that there is a different
>    >  installer from 2ndQuadrant. I am going to try that one and see what I
>    >  come up with. Are there any other "standard" distros of Postgres that I
>    >  could try out?
>    >
>    >  I found out I could download Visual Studio community edition so I am
>    >  trying this, but may not have the time to get through a build any time
>    >  soon as per my unfamiliarity with the process. I'll follow Ranier's steps
>    >  and see if that gets me somewhere.
>    >
>    >  Thank you,
>    >  Laurent.
>

> Hello all,
>
> I think I had a breakthrough. I tried to create a local build and wasn't able to. But I downloaded the 2nd Quadrant installer and the issue disappeared!!! I think this is proof that it's not my personal environment, nor something intrinsic in the codebase, but definitely something in the standard EDB installer.

No, you're on the wrong track. As I reported earlier, I have reproduced
this issue with a vanilla build which has no installer involvement
whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure the reason you are not seeing this with the 2ndQuadrant
installer is quite simple: it wasn't build with NLS support.

Let me repeat what I said earlier. I will get to the bottom of this.
Please be patient and stop running after red herrings.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan