RE: Big Performance drop of Exceptions in UDFs between V11.2 and 13.4 (workarounds)

That's exactly where my head was at. I have looked different way to test for a floating point number and recognize the challenge 😊

The data is very messy with people entering data by hand. We have seen alpha and punctuation, people copy/pasting from excel so large numbers get the "e" notation. It's a total mess. The application that authors that data is a piece of crap and we have no chance to change it unfortunately. Short of rolling out an ETL process, which is painful for the way our data comes in, I need an in-db solution.

Thank you!
Laurent.