Re: [OT]: Confidentiality disclosures in list posts (Was: SORT performance - slow?)

On 05/20/2011 11:47 AM, Lew wrote:

I don't even know why people bother even putting such nonsense into
their emails, let alone Usenet or mailing-list posts.

This may sound like a surprise, but many of us don't. Several companies use an auto-append on any outgoing message not sent to an internal recipient. You can see this for yourselves in this message, as my company's little blurb gets attached after my signature lines. It's just standard boilerplate meant as a CYA measure, really.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604