[OT]: Confidentiality disclosures in list posts (Was: SORT performance - slow?)

Kevin Grittner wrote:
"Strange, John W"  wrote:
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

You probably already know this, but just to make sure -- you posted
this to a public list which is automatically replicated to several
websites freely available to everyone on the planet.

It's irrelevant, since that "STRICTLY PROHIBITED" verbiage is irrelevant, unenforceable and legally meaningless. I could post that message on my personal blog, being not the intended recipient myself, and they would b e utterly powerless to do anything about it even if they sent it privately to my personal email inbox.

I don't even know why people bother even putting such nonsense into their emails, let alone Usenet or mailing-list posts.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.