Re: Will Postgres ever lock with read only queries?

On 07/27/2009 08:54 PM, Robert James wrote:
Hi. I'm seeing some weird behavior in Postgres. I'm running read only queries (SELECT that is - no UPDATE or DELETE or INSERT is happening at all). I can run one rather complicated query and the results come back... eventually. Likewise with another. But, when I run both queries at the same time, Postgres seems to ground to a halt. Neither one completes. In fact, pgAdmin locks up - I need to cancel them using psql. I'd expect this from MySQL but not Postgres. Am I doing something wrong? Or missing something?

I've never had straight queries block each other. What is the query? What version of PostgreSQL? What operating system?

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke<mark@xxxxxxxxx>