Re: file system and raid performance

Mark Kirkwood schrieb:
Mark Kirkwood wrote:
You are right, it does (I may be recalling performance from my other machine that has a 3Ware card - this was a couple of years ago...) Anyway, I'm thinking for the Hardware raid tests they may need to be specified.

FWIW - of course this somewhat academic given that the single disk xfs test failed! I'm puzzled - having a Gentoo system of similar configuration (2.6.25-gentoo-r6) and running the fio tests a little modified for my config (2 cpu PIII 2G RAM with 4x ATA disks RAID0 and all xfs filesystems - I changed sizes of files to 4G and no. processes to 4) all tests that failed on Marks HP work on my Supermicro P2TDER + Promise TX4000. In fact the performance is pretty reasonable on the old girl as well (seq read is 142Mb/s and the random read/write is 12.7/12.0 Mb/s).

I certainly would like to see some more info on why the xfs tests were failing - as on most systems I've encountered xfs is a great performer.

regards

Mark

I can second this, we use XFS on nearly all our database servers, and never encountered the problems mentioned.