Re: 8.3 synchronous_commit

Greg Smith wrote:
Try something more in the range of 4 clients/CPU and set the scale to closer to twice that (so with a dual-core system you might do 8 clients and a scale of 16). If you really want to simulate a large number of clients, do that on another system and connect to the server remotely.

With 4 clients and scale 10 I get 246 TPS for synchronous_commit disabled and 634 TPS for synchronous_commit enabled. So the effect just got even stronger. That was for CFQ.

For deadline they are now pretty close, but synchronous_commit disabled is still slower. 690 to 727.

Values are AVG from 3 runs each. DROP/CREATE DATABASE and CHECKPOINT; before each run.

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq