Optimizing queries that use temporary tables

Hello,

I'm developing some routines that will use temporary tables and need advice on how to not lose performance.

I will insert data in a temporary table and use this data to generate new sets that will update or add to the same temporary table.

I have some questions that I'm concerned about:

- I can create indexes on this temp table to optimize queries ?

If yes...
- This indexes will be destroyed together (automatic?) the temp table when the connection is closed ? - When I insert a lot of new rows, need to run analyze on this temporary table ?

Thanks in Advance.

--
Luiz K. Matsumura
Plan IT Tecnologia Informática Ltda.