Re: PREPARE and stuff

Well, that's not completely trivial => the plan might depend upon the concrete value of $1,$2 and $3.

Andreas

-- Ursprüngl. Mitteil. --
Betreff:	[PERFORM] PREPARE and stuff
Von:	PFC <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Datum:		23.06.2007 21:31

	Suppose a web application with persistent database connections.
	I have some queries which take longer to plan than to execute !

	I with there was a way to issue a PREPARE (like "PERSISTENT PREPARE").
	Now all Postgres connections would know that prepared statement foo( $1,
$2, $3 ) corresponds to some SQL query, but it wouldn't plan it yet. Just
like a SQL function.
	When invoking EXECUTE foo( 1,2,3 ) on any given connection the statement
would get prepared and planned. Then on subsequent invocations I'd just
get the previously prepared plan.

	Is this planned ?

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster