Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Karl Wright wrote:

(b) the performance of individual queries had already degraded significantly in the same manner as what I'd seen before.

You didn't answer whether you had smaller, more frequently updated
tables that need more vacuuming.  This comment makes me think you do.  I
think what you should be looking at is whether you can forget vacuuming
the whole database in one go, and make it more granular.

I am afraid that I did answer this. My largest tables are the ones continually being updated. The smaller ones are updated only infrequently.

Karl