Re: dbt2 NOTPM numbers

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
Hi,

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
I still suspect there's something wrong with plans, I doubt you can get that bad performance unless it's doing something really stupid.

Agreed, but I'm still looking for that really stupid thing... AFAICT, there are really no seqscans..., see the pg_stat_user_tables below.

I'd suggest setting log_min_duration_statement = 5000, and seeing what you get. Also check pg_stat_user_table.seq_scan just to be extra sure there's no seq scans.

I've also added some of the log messages for min_duration_statement below. Both were taken after two or three test runs.

I'm really wondering, if the RAID 6 of the ARECA 1260 hurts so badly. That would be disappointing, IMO. I'll try if I can reconfigure it to do RAID 1+0, and then test again. (Unfortunately the box has already been shipped to the customer, so that's getting tricky to do via ssh..:-( ).

Maybe, TPC-C is very write-intensive. I don't know much about RAID stuff, but I think you'd really benefit from a separate WAL drive. You could try turning fsync=off to see if that makes a difference.

Oh, and how many connections are you using? DBT-2 can be quite sensitive to that. 30 seems to work pretty well for me.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas