Re: dbt2 NOTPM numbers

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
I'm currently playing with dbt2 and am wondering, if the results I'm getting are reasonable. I'm testing a 2x Dual Core Xeon system with 4 GB of RAM and 8 SATA HDDs attached via Areca RAID Controller w/ battery backed write cache. Seven of the eight platters are configured as one RAID6, one spare drive. That should leave five platters for distributing read only accesses.

The NOTPM numbers I'm getting are suspiciously low, IMO, but maybe I'm expecting too much. What do you think, is this reasonable or do I have to twiddle with the configuration somewhat more?

There's clearly something wrong. The response times are ridiculously high, they should be < 5 seconds (except for stock level transaction) to pass a TPC-C test. I wonder if you built any indexes at all?

The configuration I'm running here has 3 data drives, and I'm getting reasonable results with ~100 warehouses, at ~1200 noTPM.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas