Re: dbt2 NOTPM numbers

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
Hi,

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
There's clearly something wrong. The response times are ridiculously high, they should be < 5 seconds (except for stock level transaction) to pass a TPC-C test. I wonder if you built any indexes at all?

Hm.. according to the output/5/db/plan0.out, all queries use index scans, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I still suspect there's something wrong with plans, I doubt you can get that bad performance unless it's doing something really stupid. I'd suggest setting log_min_duration_statement = 5000, and seeing what you get. Also check pg_stat_user_table.seq_scan just to be extra sure there's no seq scans.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas