Re: Benchmarking PGSQL?

Title: Re: [PERFORM] Benchmarking PGSQL?
Here’s one:

Insert performance is limited to about 10-12 MB/s no matter how fast the underlying I/O hardware.  Bypassing the WAL (write ahead log) only boosts this to perhaps 20 MB/s.  We’ve found that the biggest time consumer in the profile is the collection of routines that “convert to datum”.

You can perform the test using any dataset, you might consider using the TPC-H benchmark kit with a data generator available at www.tpc.org.  Just generate some data, load the schema, then perform some COPY statements, INSERT INTO SELECT FROM and CREATE TABLE AS SELECT.

- Luke