Re: Optimization of this SQL sentence

Alexander Staubo wrote:
On Oct 17, 2006, at 17:10 , Craig A. James wrote:

These tables are particularly egregious examples of ignorant database design. You need to understand the relational model

This email is a *particularly* egregious example of rudeness. You owe Mr. Staubo, and the Postgress community, an apology.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't think I was out of line. ... If you think the database design in question is *not* ignorant database design, please do explain why, but on technical grounds. (Ignorance, of course, is not a sin.)

This is not about design.  It's about someone who came for help, and got a derogatory remark.  Is it really so hard to be helpful *and* use polite, encouraging language?

Craig