Re: Optimization of this SQL sentence

On Oct 17, 2006, at 17:10 , Craig A. James wrote:

These tables are particularly egregious examples of ignorant database design. You need to understand the relational model

This email is a *particularly* egregious example of rudeness. You owe Mr. Staubo, and the Postgress community, an apology.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't think I was out of line. I did point to several informative sources of documentation, and described some of the problems (but by no means all) with the person's schema and how to solve them. If you think the database design in question is *not* ignorant database design, please do explain why, but on technical grounds. (Ignorance, of course, is not a sin.)

Alexander.