Re: Postgresql - Pgbouncer Connection and Query Performance Problem

Hi Abdullah,

BufferIO and BufferMapping are different types of events than previous ones. Your server is probably suffering because of intensive IO operations. There can be big queries who are causing big read or write operations and/or a significant number of active connections. I would check it at the operating system level by using top command to see what is the percentage for IO Wait (wa), system (sy), and software interrupts (si).

Judging by PgBouncer configuration, I suspect that shared_buffers would be set to a huge number, proportional to the available memory. I would check this configuration too. You would want to check swap usage too.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-PG-STAT-ACTIVITY-VIEW

Best regards.
Samed YILDIRIM