Re: Vacuum stops with misleading max_fsm_pages error

"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Kieran Cooper, Lyris UK wrote:
INFO:  free space map contains 20914 pages in 61 relations
DETAIL:  A total of 14992 page slots are in use (including overhead).
14992 page slots are required to track all free space.
Current limits are:  900000 page slots, 6000 relations, using 5659 kB.

I am not sure what your question is. The above looks perfectly reasonable.

I think he's wondering why the second number is less than the first.
AFAICT that should be impossible after a VACUUM FULL, but there are
probably tables that haven't been touched by the VACUUM FULL --- stuff
in other databases being one obvious possibility.  As for the vacuum
not having done every table in the current database, did you run it
as superuser?

regards, tom lane

Thanks for your messages Tom and Josh.

The problem I'm finding is that the Vacuum finishes before it has touched all the tables in the database. When I run it on the same database in the same way on other servers, it does all the tables. There is only 1 database on this machine (in addition to template1 and template2). I'm running it from within the postgres command line, logged in as postgres.

Thanks
Kieran