POSIX Proess Creation and Destruction nit-picking

The following issues may not be deemed important enough to fix, but
I'll point them out nevertheless:

- kill() does not destroy a process, but merely sends a signal. The
action taken by the process upon the delivery of the signal depends on
the signal itself, whether it is currently masked, and whether the
process has installed a signal handler. The only signal guaranteed to
destroy a process is SIGKILL, which may not be masked and cannot be
associated with a handler.
- "It is critically important to note that the parent and child do not
share memory." - That is not true. Parent and child share all memory
marked as shared (i.e., mappings created with mmap(MAP_SHARED)). The
example works because by default the BSS is mapped as private.
- Listing 4.2 could have just used waitpid() instead of the loop.

If I were really a nit-picking person I would have pointed out the
various places in chapters 2 and 3 where infinitives are being split,
but I'm not so I won't ;-).

--Elad

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]