Re: Fwd: Other architectures we can work on?

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot! OSU has approved my application and provisioned a PPC
server for me. Now I can start testing code on PPC :-). For the ARM
server, the application is still in progress. I'll let you know if
there are any updates.

Thank!
--JunchangOn Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 1:51 AM Paul E. McKenney
<paulmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 11:23:17AM +0800, Junchang Wang wrote:
> > Forward to list perfbook since the last mail was blocked due to the
> > non-plain-text issue.
> >

> > Hi Paul and list,
> >
> > I'm again reading the excellent 15th chapter (Advanced
> > Synchronization), which helps me eventually understand how a
> > hardware/compiler can optimize--and hence ``break''-- my parallelized
> > code :-).
> >
> > I really want to get my hands dirty and to test my code and samples in
> > perfbook on real servers. However, all servers in my lab are x86. I
> > wonder if there is any chance that we can have access to architectures
> > other than x86 to test code. For example, are there any cloud service
> > that provides access to POWER or ARM architecture?
>
> For POWER access for academic or open-source projects, please see here:
>
> https://osuosl.org/services/powerdev/request_hosting/
>
> There are said to be similar services for ARM, for example:
>
> https://thenewstack.io/cncf-packet-team-provide-free-infrastructure-cloud-developers
>
> Please let me know how it goes!
>
>                                                         Thanx, Paul

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]