Re: Fwd: Other architectures we can work on?

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 11:23:17AM +0800, Junchang Wang wrote:
> Forward to list perfbook since the last mail was blocked due to the
> non-plain-text issue.
>

> Hi Paul and list,
>
> I'm again reading the excellent 15th chapter (Advanced
> Synchronization), which helps me eventually understand how a
> hardware/compiler can optimize--and hence ``break''-- my parallelized
> code :-).
>
> I really want to get my hands dirty and to test my code and samples in
> perfbook on real servers. However, all servers in my lab are x86. I
> wonder if there is any chance that we can have access to architectures
> other than x86 to test code. For example, are there any cloud service
> that provides access to POWER or ARM architecture?

For POWER access for academic or open-source projects, please see here:

https://osuosl.org/services/powerdev/request_hosting/

There are said to be similar services for ARM, for example:

https://thenewstack.io/cncf-packet-team-provide-free-infrastructure-cloud-developers

Please let me know how it goes!

							Thanx, Paul

[Index of Archives]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]