Re: configure /etc/pam.d/crond to use pam_mount

I'm sorry. I'll try to explain my problem better.

Short version: Cron jobs cannot access the content of the encrypted disk even when I'm logged in. I can access the content of the disk from bash or graphical file explorer.

Longer version:
I've first seen problem because I'm using backintime to perform automatic backup of my disk. When I run the backup manually everything is fine, while when the backup is performed automatically with cron the resulting backup is always empty.

Adding the follwing command to crontab (using crontab -e), in order to list the content of the drive (/media/dataHD), show me that the ls of the drive doesn't produce any result.
*/1 * * * * ls -la /media /media/dataHD /media/dataHD/work > /tmp/filelist

I've the following configuration files (based on this guide https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Pam_mount):

/etc/pam.d/pammount (I've created this file)

#%PAM-1.0

auth      optional                   pam_mount.so
password  optional                   pam_mount.so
session   optional                   pam_mount.so

/etc/pam.d/system-local-login
#%PAM-1.0

auth      include   system-login
auth      include   pammount
account   include   system-login
account   include   pammount
password  include   system-login
password  include   pammount
session   include   system-login
session   include   pammount

/etc/pam.d/sddm

#%PAM-1.0

auth        include     system-login
auth            include         pammount
account     include     system-login
account         include         pammount
password    include     system-login
password        include         pammount
session     include     system-login
session         include         pammount

I hope I've been more clear now.

Thanks

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 8:16 AM Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 08, Simone Gaiarin wrote:

> pam_mount decrypt the disk using the password the user input in the login

> screen of the OS. Now in the moment I'm logged in and the disk is decrypted

> how can I make cron see the disk? I'm not interested in having cron running

> jobs when I'm not logged in (and so the disk is encrypted).

At the moment, where your user is logged in, everybody can see

the disk, even cron. No pam_mount is needed there for cron.

Maybe you should explain at first what your problem exactly is

and not start with a solution first?

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)