Re: configure /etc/pam.d/crond to use pam_mount

pam_mount decrypt the disk using the password the user input in the login screen of the OS. Now in the moment I'm logged in and the disk is decrypted how can I make cron see the disk? I'm not interested in having cron running jobs when I'm not logged in (and so the disk is encrypted).

I guess that your question arise from the fact that cron can run jobs when the user is not logged in, but it's a scenario I'm not interested in. Actually my jobs run with anacron.

Possibly /etc/pam.d/crond deals with this last case. If this is not the solution, do you have any other solution to deal with this problem?

Thank you

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08.10.16 11:55, Simone Gaiarin wrote:
>Hi I have a LUKS encrypted disk that I mount during the login phase using
>pam_mount. The problem I'm facing is that cron jobs cannot see the the
>content of the disk.
>
>After an intensive research I've understood that I need to configure
>/etc/pam.d/crond in order to properly load the pam_mount module. I've tried
>this without any success, so I'm asking here to get some help from an
>expert of PAM.

>I''ve configured pam_mount using these instructions:
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pam_mount
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Pam_mount

I wonder if pam_mount does not need user's password in orderto mount the
encrypted filesystem. Otherwise it would be quite useless to have it
encrypted, wouldn't it?

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
It's now safe to throw off your computer.