Re: pam_open_session returns PAM_SUCCESS but no pam session?

Op 6 dec. 2010 om 00:26 heeft Dan Yefimov <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> het
volgende geschreven:

> On 06.12.2010 1:11, Henk te Sligte wrote:
>> I know about the first parameter, the xsh script has "xsh" by default,
>> so that's what I am using. Obviously, I did create my own in
>> /etc/pam.d, which is described in my first mail.
>> I figured from the examples, xsh.c would spawn a shell with the new
>> logged in user, because it got the credentials from PAM. Why else is
>> there the system() call in xsh.c (From the examples, in the release
>> build)?
>>
> Did you think about your example being incomplete? Please read the PAM documentation carefully instead of arguing with me. The fact is that PAM job is only user authentication, everything other, like applying UID, GID, supplementary GIDs, is the application job, whether you agree with that or not.
> --
>
> Sincerely Yours, Dan.

I am sorry, I wasn't trying to argue with you, I guess I just
misinterpreted the examples, and I can't always find the right English
words when I try to clarify my question.
I am fairly new in this particular area, and thought PAM could also
apply UID's and other stuff. I was wrong apparently :). Thanks for the
help, and I'll keep the documentation right next to me.

Greetings,
Henk te Sligte