pam_user_unknown

hello all! I would like to ask if there is a bug with the pam_unix module. I'm currently working on it on red hat 8 and I use it to authenticate users using it in login, etc. I noticed that even if I used an invalid user it returns authentication failed which should have been pam_user_unknown. did I miss something here? I dunno why its doing this.

thanks!

melissa

Do you Yahoo!?