PAM LDAP HELP

HI,

By default PAM  modules look under
ou=people,dc=desmac,dc=com. or any other base name we
configure to.

can I distribute my users on to different nodes.Like
half under ou=people1,dc=example,dc=com and
ou=people2,dc=example,dc=com or under multiple parent
nodes.Can pam handle this.Is this configurable.Or Is
this sane thing to do.

I have another question which might irr you.
I have contacts directory.I want to add  PossixAccount
objectclass to the nodes who are also users and have
pam search for them in whole tree if he tries to
login.Is this atleast 1% sane thing.

please shed some light  :)

Thanks for your time.
Partha