Re: Pam and chrooted bind9 zone transfer problem

Hi,

> I'm pretty new to linux (saw my first linux box last November).  I have
> set up master and slave DNS servers which have bind9 chrooted into a
> directory called "named" owned by user "named."  This arrangement used
> to work, but I have been hardening the boxes, and one step included
> installing PAM.  The zone transfer between the master and slave can no
> longer be accomplished.  I am considering copying all the PAM files into
> my "named" directory.  Does this sound reasonable, or is there something
> that I am missing?

Bind doesn't use PAM. Making the directory owned ny a non-root user makes
the chroot pretty useless, so change that to user / group root.

Most of the times the slaves fail because they can't write their zone
files. It is also required to setup an environment in the chroot dir
(config files, libs, etc).

	Regards,

		Igmar