pam samba password expiration

I have samba running on a Redhat 7.3 machine acting as a PDC with Win2k
machines logging into the network.
I have samba using pam for authentication (set 'obey pam restrictions =
yes' and 'pam password change = yes' in my smb.conf file), My question
concerns password aging.  How do I configure this using pam? Is this
possible?
It looks as if the /etc/pam.d/samba file calls system-auth which looks like
this:

#%PAM-1.0

auth        required    /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth        sufficient  /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth        sufficient  /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so use_first_pass
nolocal
auth        required    /lib/security/pam_deny.so

account           required    /lib/security/pam_unix.so

password    required    /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=
password    sufficient  /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok md5
shadow
password    required    /lib/security/pam_deny.so

session           required    /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session           required    /lib/security/pam_unix.so

I'm new to pam so this may be a stupid question, but I'm guessing that I
need to change the password entries, but I don't know where to start.
How do I configure pam to enforce password expiration? Is it as simple as
editing the /etc/shadow file? Or do I have to implement the pam password
database?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Joseph Morin