Pam and chrooted bind9 zone transfer problem

Hi,

I'm pretty new to linux (saw my first linux box last November). I have set up master and slave DNS servers which have bind9 chrooted into a directory called "named" owned by user "named." This arrangement used to work, but I have been hardening the boxes, and one step included installing PAM. The zone transfer between the master and slave can no longer be accomplished. I am considering copying all the PAM files into my "named" directory. Does this sound reasonable, or is there something that I am missing?
Thanks!

Lia Treffman