Re: PAM and SSH

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, John Oliver wrote:

> > Have you done an /etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd restart
>
> After changing the PAM config?  No, not specifically for that.

You do need to do so. PAM configuration is only ever read during pam_init
which in most apps (including openssh) only happens once at startup.

> have to do anything to get ftp and telnet working with winbind and NIS,

ftp and telnet are started from inetd I take it? When an app is started
from inetd it is fully initialised each time it's run.

When the app is started in daemon mode in its own right as sshd is that is
not the case.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		Get the T-Shirt Now