Re: PAM and SSH

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, John Oliver wrote:

> > Do you have any logged debug/message output?
>
> Nope.

Check the your /var/log/messages file for any ssh entries. These will tell
you what is causing the problem.

Do post the entries if you cannot work it out yourself from what they say
- but be sensible and don't post hundreds of lines of logs where only a
few are unique.

> > Is SSH compiled to use PAM?
>
> Dunno.  Does OpenSSH that comes with Red Hat come compiled with PAM?  I
> didn't realize that it might not be... I thought all authentication with
> Red Hat was handled through PAM.

Yes it is compiled for PAM authentication.

Have you made any changes to the /etc/ssh/sshd_config or /etc/pam.d/ssh
files?

Either way post them - that way someone may be able to help track down the
problem.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		Get the T-Shirt Now