RE: Remote Console Login

Charlie,

I tried adding pts/[0-9] to the /etc/security/console.perms file, and
this did not seem to enable me to acquire the same type of login as I am
able to obtain when I log into the physical console.

If I remotely login as any user, other than root, and try to run my
application, it still does not play sound as it does when I log into the
"physical" console.

However, when I remotely login as root and launch my application, it
plays sound, etc., just fine on the remote machine.

I have no clue how to solve this problem, other than by logging in
remotely as root, which I was hoping to avoid...

Do you have any other suggestions?

Take care,
Darwin

---

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take
action in reliance upon this message.  If you have received this in
error, please notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete
this message and its attachments from your computer system.  We do not
waive work product privilege by the transmission of this message.