Re: after upgrade to redhat 7.2, X don't start, console ownership problem

> I am unclear as to when this failure occurs. You are not having a user
> run startx. That will have permission problems. You want to change

Are you sure about that ? What if I don't want to run *dm, and if I don't want
X to be started at boot ? It worked perfectly before the upgrade...

Is it an X limitation, a pam limitation or a device ownership problem ?

> /etc/inittab to have a default run level of 5 instead of 3 and I
> believe all will be well. X will be started at boot and the user can
> log in.

It works as expected like that but I think it isn't really satisfactory.

Pat