pam_ldap & cron job

This is a very strange behavior.  I don't know if this is a problem with my
configuration or a bug with crond

I have installed RedHat 7.2 and use pam_ldap to connect to an OpenLDAP
server for authentication.  Authentication is fine.  I can login without
any problem ( both telnet and ssh are working fine ).  However, when I
create a user's cron job ( eg, after I login as user "abc" where "abc"
exist on the LDAP server ) with the crontab as follow

00,05,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * touch /tmp/abc

the first time of the cron job will run, but it will never run afterward.
for example, if the first cron job start at 30, any job afterward ( like
35,40,45,... ) will never run.  The crond's log ( /var/log/cron ) did show
all the cron job run probably.

by the way, I manually delete the file after it run ( eg at 36minutes ),
/tmp/abc/ never created again even though /var/log/cron show the cron job
is running and done.

however, if I don't use pam_ldap ( ie remove all the ldap keyword from
/etc/nsswitch ) and create a user locally, then edit the cron job again,
the cron job did run every 5 minutes.

Since I can login and the system did get the proper UID and GID, I believe
pam_ldap and nss_ldap is working fine.

I will try to install RH7.1 on a different machine to see if it has the
same behavior.

please advice.

thanks!