Re: Cannot login after password change

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 05:48:55PM +0100, Meinl Thorsten NBTE wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> We have a NIS-Master running under HP-UX and a linux-client with RedHat 7.0
> running PAM without shadow. After I was asked to change my password last
> week by a HP-machine I later on could not log on to the linux-machine any
> longer. Not with the new neither with the old password. After I changed it
> back to the old one everything worked fine again. All our users have the
> same problem. You can log in sucessfully until your asked to change your
> password.
> Even the output of "ypcat -k passwd" is the same on the NIS-master as on the
> linux-client.
what does : ypmatch <login> passwd
return as the passwd. We have had trouble with the passwd being cached and the
NIS request goes to the cache rather than the database. In extreme cases we had
to arrange to restart ypbind after each make operation on the yp database.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.