Re: Creating a user account on the fly for XDM login

> I have modified the pam_ncp_auth module so that it
> authenticates Novell Netware users creating local
> accounts "on the fly". It works fine on the console,
> but XDM seems to call a PAM-unix2 module that blocks
> the authentication process, since the user does not
> exist on passwd. This are the entries in
> /etc/pam.d/xdm:
>
> auth     sufficient   /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok
> auth     required     /lib/security/pam_ncp_auth.so
> account  required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so
> password required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so
> session  required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so
> debug

It uses pam_unix for checking if the user is allowed to gain access
at that time. I'm not familiar with the ncp module, so I don't know which
services it provides.

I suggest to simply try it out, and replace all pam_unix services by the
ncp':) (do it from a console, you wouldn't be the first that locks itself
out of the system).

> What can I do to overpass this PAM-unix2 module(since
> it is not in my conf file)?

the other services still use pam_unix, so that is the problem in this
case.

	Igmar