Re: PAM stopped working after glibc upgrade.

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 12:02:36AM +0300, Petteri Tammiaho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Current problem is that after I had upgraded my glibc 2.2 to 2.2.3
> everything seemed to work quite OK until I rebooted the system. It
> didn't let me in anymore. Even single user root mode asks for root
> password and doesn't know who I am. Passwd, su and so on doesn't work.
> This is what I get when I try to log in:

Sounds to me like you don't have the nss patch built with glibc 2.2.3.
The stock source has a bug where nss_compat is broken. The patch should
be available on the gnu.org site. You can also edit /etc/nsswitch.conf
file and remove the "compat" entries in favor of "files" entries.

Ben