pwdb module and NIS password

Hi pam-list,

I'm setting an auxiliary server for use with Unix accounts through NIS and
SAMBA accounts for NT workstations.

I want to unify the authorization for both, so I first try to check if
passwords are updated by the pwdb module in NIS and find that it fails
giving a "permission denied" message to the user and logging "cannot
update default database for user..."

I have check the /etc/pwdb.conf file and put nis+unix+shadow in the first
place but it fails the same.

The next step is to use the pam_smb module to update and synchronize the
smbpasswd file, but I am stucked with the NIS still.

Any help? Thank you.