Re: pam_listfile.so on Solaris 2.6

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:07:48AM -0500, Andrew Miles wrote:
> So the question is, where can I get that module, and can I just add
> that in or do I need to install a different (newer) version of PAM?

You will need to get the Linux PAM source from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam/.  As of the last time that I tried,
many of the Linux PAM modules need a moderate amount of hacking to get them
to compile under Solaris.  Do not expect a ./configure && make && make
install on Solaris at this time.  Judging the the traffic on the list,
there seems to be an effort to improve this.

Just in case you need this on Solaris 2.5.1 as well, you should know up
front that the Solaris 2.5.1 implementation of PAM is quite different from
the Solaris 2.6 - 8 and Linux implementation.

> And if anyone knows of some web sites that have a basic intro to PAM
> I'd be most appreciated.

Search docs.sun.com.  You should be able to find developer and
administrator docs related to this.

Mike