PAM Installation with MD5, shadow, cracklib

Hi,

I'm building a distro from scratch for use in our offices.  I have a
problem with pam though.  I've tied repeatedly with varoius pieces of
software and have had no luck.  Currently everything SEEMS to work, except
passwd seg faults when I run it.  I think I must have screwed something up!
:)

Could someone please tell me the suggested installation procedures for a
system with pam, md5 shadow and cracklib?  I basically need to know what
software I need, where to get it if possible, and the order to
build/install in.  Also, I need basic utilities such as passwd, su, login
etc that will use pam with md5 shadow cracklib etc..

Thanks for your help!!

Note - Please cc replies to me since I'm not a list member.
john_delisle@ceridian.ca

John Delisle
Corporate Technology
Ceridian Canada Ltd